Thursday, January 24, 2008

Almond-Quinoa Muffins


I love muffins. They're cute and happy and tasty and the perfect little self-contained "grab and go" meal or snack. More things in life should be as simple as muffins.

These muffins are super healthy--no refined sugar, all whole grains, quinoa. But they're also tasty enough that they don't scream, "health nut!" (They may not be that healthy if you eat them all in one sitting, like I attempted to do, but... hey!) I made them with red quinoa, which I really love using in pilafs because it adds an unexpected splash of color, and it does the same for these muffins. I think next time I'm going to make them with fresh cranberries instead of the dried apricots.

There's a typo in the book, so I went to the PPK forums, and one of the testers posted the following corrections: 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the typo - you saved my muffins!